Medigap Plan C
For consumers looking at broadening their health and medical insurance coverage with a supplement insurance policy, the Medigap Plan C policy is considered one of the most comprehensive of all ten Medigap plans. Of the ten supplement insurances, only one other offers more coverage than Plan C – and that is Plan F.
However, the problem is that Plan C is on its way out – and as of January 2020, it has begun to be phased out across all those who are new to Medicare and its benefits. As such, only those who became eligible for Medicare before January 2020 have been able to make the most of Plan C – with most being assured by their providers that they will keep their plans.
What is included as part of Medigap Plan C cover
For those who managed to get in and make the most of Medigap Plan C before the phase-out started, you will already be aware of the main benefits associated with Plan C.
The main features of Medigap Plan C include:
- Medicare Part A coinsurance and hospital costs after Medicare benefits run out
- Medicare Part A hospice and palliative care coinsurance and copayments
- Medicare Part B copayments and coinsurance
- First three pints of blood for medical procedures
- Coinsurance relating to care in skilled nursing facilities
- Medicare Part A and Part B deductible
- Emergency coverage during travel (covering 80% of eligible expenses